There are several ways to bring PDFs into knitCompanion depending on where they are stored:
PDFs in your Ravelry Library
- Tap Ravelry upper right
- If you don’t see the Ravelry option be sure to tap PDFs on the right side first. Show Me
- Log in to Ravelry (if prompted).
- Tap any Library item to import the PDF.
- Tap Local to see the PDF and tap the local PDF to view it.
PDFs in your Dropbox
- Tap Dropbox upper right. Show Me
- Log in to Dropbox (if prompted).
- Navigate your Dropbox and tap any PDF to import it.
- If you don’t see PDFs be sure to tap PDFs on the right side first. Show Me
- Tap Local to see the PDF and tap the local PDF to view it. Show Me
Use Open With from email and other apps
- Tap to preview or select Open With in your email or other app.
- Select knitCompanion. The PDF will open in knitCompanion and be added to the local knitCompanion folder on your device.
- If you previously selected to “always use” a different app to Open With, you can change this in your device settings app under Default Applications. For assistance locating this option, please check with your device manufacturer.
PDFs stored on your device
- Navigate to any folder on your device by tapping the address bar.
- Tap any folder to view its contents.
- If you don’t see PDFs be sure to tap PDFs on the right side first.
- Tap any PDF to view it and optionally create a kCProject.
- To quickly return to knitCompanion’s local directory tap the House button next to the top line folder. Show Me