Benefits of using Dropbox include:
- Keeping your devices synced.
- Backup your projects so you never lose your place, even if your device breaks or you delete the app.
- Archive projects so you can delete them from your local device. To knit a project again, just import it from Dropbox.
Take note of your Knitter’s Name and ensure it is the same on all devices and after a re-install:
- From the home page tap the gear
- Take note of your Knitter’s Name. It is case sensitive and leading/trailing spaces matter. It is recommended you not add leading or trailing spaces since they are hard to see.
To Use dropbox:
- Link knitCompanion to Dropbox on each device: How to link to Dropbox
- Tap Projects fom the Home page (5 big buttons) where your project is located.
- Swipe on the project, tap the edit button that appears, and tap export. This will copy it up to Dropbox. Export is complete when you receive a confirmation message.
- On the second device, from the home page tap Projects
- Tap Dropbox at the bottom (don’t have a Dropbox tab?), tap on your project and tap import. This will import the project to your second device.
Export regularly so Dropbox always has the latest version.
If you are new to Dropox, be sure to check out this thread to get yourself and a fellow knitter extra free storage space! If you don’t want to use Dropbox, you can do the same set of steps, but using iTunes file sharing.