There is almost never a need to delete knitCompanion. Try these things when you encounter any issues or quirks on your iPad, including issues with the app store or in-app purchases, app downloads, etc. Note these are not your normal “power off” steps. Be sure to read each instruction closely.
- Close out of all apps – To do this, double-click the Home button, this will bring up thumbnail images of each open app. Swipe up on each thumbnail to close each app. This just quits the apps it does not delete them.
- Reboot the iPad – To do this:
- Press & hold both the Home and the Sleep/Wake buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears? It may take several seconds, but just keep holding until that logo appears.
- Continue to hold those buttons until the screen goes totally dark.
- Now press the power button again. It may take longer than normal, but in a few more seconds, your normal lock screen should appear.
This sequence often resolves mysterious issues.