kC Essentials comes with Linked Counters. These are counters that are joined (linked) to a single button so you can advance all of the counters with a single tap. Show Me
There are 2 types of Linked Counters:
- Repeat Counters: These counters loop through a number range.
- You specify the number range, the starting row (or a manual start), and the number of times to repeat (zero for unlimited repeats).
- For example: Your pattern rows use both a 4 row double seed-stitch pattern and a 10 row cable pattern. Use 2 repeat counters to always know which row of each pattern you are on for your current row of knitting.
- Action Counters: These counters show a reminder at a given repeat interval.
- You specify the action to take, the starting row (or a manual start), how often it should happen, and how many times it should happen.
- For example: You need a reminder to do Waist Decreases every 2 rows a total of 8 times and a second reminder to place a Buttonhole every 10 rows 7 times.
- Uses include reminders for increases, decreases, placing buttonholes, changing yarn, etc.
To define or edit Linked Counters:
- Switch to Edit Mode. Show Me
- Tap the Linked Counters button. Show Me
- Tap the (+) to add a counter and select Repeat or Action.
- Specify the details for your counter. Show Me
- You can add as many of each type as you need.
- You can add new counters later, but they must start after your current row.