You can adjust the sensitivity of the wand, and trim the final selected stitches. This is why Magic Markers can work on so many different charts.
The LESS / MORE slider:
- Slide it to MORE if you want the wand to find more possible matching stitches, because it’s not finding them all. This is helpful if the crop isn’t perfect, the lines inside the chart aren’t constant, or you’ve done add image, etc. basically if it’s “missing” matches.
- Slide it to LESS if it’s finding too many matches, this is useful if you’ve got two stitches that look very similar and it’s finding “too many” stitches.
- BE SURE to tap the wand after you adjust the slider!
Trim the selection:
Need to add or remove individual stitches from a marker? Just tap on a stitch to toggle it on or off. Tapping the wand will clear your manual trim, so be sure to play with the sensitivity first to find the best fit. Then trim as needed.
Magic Markers work best when you’ve got a good Setup so that a the sample stitch sits perfectly on each grid square. See here for to Setup correctly.
If your chart is lower quality, it’s a scan from paper, or has lots of added images:
- Help the system by picking a sample stitch from the center or bullseye of the chart rather than at the edges. Especially if the crop is off, the center provides a better sample than an edge.
- If the chart is very wonky, consider making 2 magic markers one for each “section” of wonkiness.