Follow the steps below to resolve any issues or quirks on your iOS device, including issues with the app store or in-app purchases, app downloads, etc. Note these are not your normal "power off" steps. Be sure to read each instruction closely.
- Make sure your device iOS version is up to date.
- Make sure your knitCompanion is up to date. See how.
- Close out of all apps - To do this, double-click the Home button, this will bring up thumbnail images of each open app. Swipe up on each thumbnail to close each app. This just quits the apps it does not delete them.
- Reboot the iPad - To do this:
- Press & hold both the Home and the Sleep/Wake buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears? It may take several seconds, but just keep holding until that logo appears.
- Continue to hold those buttons until the screen goes totally dark.
- Now press the power button again. It may take longer than normal, but in a few more seconds, your normal lock screen should appear.
Force stop any app
- Use the Menu button
- Tap the Menu button at the bottom of your device to view all running apps.
- Tap the X to quit an app.
- Use the Settings app
- Open the Settings app for your device.
- Select Apps (or Application Manager, the name is different based on your device).
- Tap the app.
- Tap the Force Stop button (or the Force Quit button, the name is different based on your device).
If you continue to have issues:
- Check to make sure you have at least 500M of available space:
- Access your device's Settings app.
- Tap Storage.
- Power off and back on.
- Press the Power button and then tap to Power Off.
- Wait a minute.
- Turn your device back on.
- Do a hard reboot.
- Press and hold the Power and Down Volume buttons until the device shuts down.
- Then use the power button to turn it back on.
- Some devices use other key combinations, be sure to google instructions for your specific device if needed. Note: A hard reboot will NOT delete any of your personal data. If you need to delete personal data use a factory restore in your device's settings app.
Please note all of the above steps may vary based on your device. If the above steps don't match your device, be sure to google instructions for your specific device.