You can use your finger, Apple Pencil (1st or 2nd Gen), or a stylus to write on your pattern. Scribble is included in the subscription for Setup+Essentials and requires iOS 13 or iPadOS 13 or higher.
To Use Scribble
- With your project open, tap Scribble on the right side
. When Scribble is on:
- ONE finger or the Apple Pencil scribbles
- TWO fingers scroll
- Scribble uses Apple’s standard tool palette. You can choose from several drawing tools and colors, switch to the eraser, and tap any tool to change its thickness and opacity. To learn more about using the tool palette and Apple Pencil see here.
- Tap Scribble again to toggle it off.
Scribble on your key
If you have used Setup to add keys, you can scribble on these keys.
- Tap Edit at the top. Show Me
- Tap Keys at the top and Scribble on the right.
- Don’t see scribble? Be sure to tap Keys at the top. Show Me
Add a Note Page to your project
knitCompanion provides a blank Note Page that you can add to any project, or use as the starting point for a project with no pattern. It is great for adding extra space to scribble on! This PDF is automatically added to your knitCompanion, it is called Note Page.pdf. If you have deleted this pdf, you can add it again by tapping Reset Built-In Content under Settings.