Shaping Counters are used to keep track of additional instructions such as shaping, placing buttonholes, changing yarn colors etc. You can add Shaping Counters to any piece, written or charted, that has a one-tap marker. Show Me
- Switch to Setup. Show Me
- Select the piece you’d like to add reminders to.
- Tap Smart Counters.
- If you don’t see the Smart Counter button be sure your selected piece has at least one visible row.
- You can set some basic information about your piece, including how many times to repeat the entire chart. Show Me
- Tap the Blue+ on the right side to add a Shaping Counter. Show Me
- Set the information for your Shaping Counter including the start row or manual start reminder, name, and color. Show Me
- Every Shaping Counter has at least one Step. The Step is where you will put the details of your shaping.
- Name your step
- Set how often it should appear (for example every 10 rows)
- How many times it happens (for example 9 times), or set it to continue Until you manually stop it.
- Your step can have an audio reminder as well as either a piece cropped from the PDF or a typed note.
- Your shaping counter can have as many steps as needed.
- Steps within a Shaping Counter happen in order. The first step goes first and when it finishes the next step starts. The Shaping Counter is complete once all its steps are complete.
- To add a new step, select your Shaping Counter or one of its steps and tap the Blue + on the right side.
- If you don’t see Shaping Step as an option be sure to select an existing Shaping Counter or one of its steps.
- To re-order steps within a Shaping Counter, drag the step using the grey handles to the right of its name.
- You can define as many Shaping Counters as needed. Shaping Counters work in parallel. In our example we need to shape the waist at the same time as we place buttonholes so we have used 2 Shaping Counters.
- Tap the arrow upper left to return to main setup.