Sometimes a chart will be wider than your device screen. knitCompanion provides a variety of tools so you can easily keep track even when scrolling side to side for a wide piece. The row marker will always stay on the current row as you zoom and scroll. There are additional tools for navigation and tracking your progress along a row.
- Center Double-tap in the center to toggle between fit-width and fit-height
- Edges Double-tap on the edge (left, right, top, bottom) to scroll directly to that edge of the piece
- Sliding Stitch Marker Use this to keep track of your spot along a row as you knit across. Very handy for knowing the last stitch you did when scrolling side to side.
- Stitch Markers Use these to mark convenient spots along the width of your chart. Then you can knit to a Stitch Marker, slide to the next stitch marker, knit to it. Repeat as needed across the width of your chart. How to add Stitch Markers
Row Reset Style
When knitting in the round or when ws rows are not charted, the Row Reset Style and Reset Slider options will automatically scroll back at the starting edge of the chart. Show Me
- None This is the default setting, when you advance the row marker the chart will stay in the same position and will not shift left or right. Most useful when all rows are charted.
- Right This will scroll your wide chart back to the right edge ready to start the next row. Very handy for knitting in the round or when ws rows are not charted.
- Left This will scroll your wide piece back to the left edge. Very handy for wide text pieces and some styles of left hand knitting.
- Reset Slider This option will shift your sliding marker based on your Row Reset Style so it is ready for the next row.