knitCompanion’s one-tap marker includes a hands-free option so you can use voice commands to move your one tap marker to the next or previous row and clear the shaping steps on a row without having to tap the screen. This option requires iOS 12 or higher.
To use Voice Control:
- Select a piece with a one-tap marker. about the one-tap marker
- Tap the microphone on the right side to toggle voice control on or off. Show Me
- The microphone button will change color based on the current status of Voice Control.
*The button will be disabled under 2 conditions: you are not running iOS 12 or higher, or you have turned Voice Control off under Menu/Settings. Show Me
Voice Control works best in a quiet environment. It will not work as well if you play additional audio through your device’s speakers, use a headset instead. Ambient audio from a TV or speakers across the room may also reduce overall performance, consider using a headset with a built in mic for better performance in a louder room. If you find it does not recognize your voice well, you can retrain Siri.
|NEXT||Moves marker to next row.|
|BACK||Moves marker back one row.|
|RIGHT||Drags piece right (no effect if left edge already showing)|
|LEFT||Drags piece left (no effect if right edge already showing)|
|CLEAR||Clears any shaping steps for the current row (if you have no shaping steps nothing will happen)|
|OK||Closes popup (i.e. for voice control on, clear steps, or top of piece)|
|STOP||Turns off Voice Control.|
- Voice Control is turned off automatically when you leave Knit Mode, leave your project, or leave the app.
- You have the option to disable Voice Control in the app settings Show Me . When Voice Control is disabled the button is grey and tapping the microphone will not turn Voice Control on.
- In order to use Voice Control you must grant knitCompanion access to your microphone and to Apple’s Speech Recognition system. These settings are found in your device’s Settings app under privacy.
- You also must have an internet connection and have either Siri or Dictation (General/Keyboard) turned on for your device.